Viewing Bar30/Bar100 Depth and Temperature Readings on an ArduSub Vehicle
The Bar30 and Bar100 Depth pressure sensors are high-pressure, high-resolution pressure sensors that are sealed from the water and ready to install on our ArduSub vehicle for obtaining depth and temperature measurements. This guide will show a simple open installation and how to view the values in QGroundControl, the topside control software for running an ArduSub vehicle.
1. Connect a pressure sensor to the I2C port on the Pixhawk.
2. Connect the micro-USB to the Pixhawk and then plug it into a USB port on a computer with QGroundControl. Download instructions for the version supported by Blue Robotics can be found here: BlueROV2 Software Setup Guide
3. If purchased from Blue Robotics the Pixhawk should already have the latest version of ArduSub installed. If not, please follow this guide to load the latest STABLE version of ArduSub: QGroundControl – Loading Firmware
1. Click on the “gear” icon in the Instrument panel.
2. Click on the checkbox before the “Depth” value. Optionally, you may check the “Large” option to make the indicated value larger than the standard size.
3. Scroll down the list and click on the checkbox before the “Water Temp.” value.
4. Click on the “OK” box in the upper right hand corner of the values selection to accept changes and return to the instrument panel. The depth and water temperature should now be displayed as live values to be viewed during vehicle dives.