Jobs at Blue Robotics
Working at Blue Robotics offers many opportunities to grow professionally while contributing to our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive pay, benefits, and perks.
Employment type: Full time permanent, or contract-based
Start date: Q1 2023
Location: Remote; preference for candidates in Southern California
Blue Robotics is a company that operates in the blue tech industry, and is the market leader for accessible underwater robotics. We are developing a new ecosystem for managing and controlling underwater robots. Most of our software architecture is Open Source, and currently consists of the onboard vehicle control software (BlueOS+ArduSub), which we want to extend with a cloud component to allow storing, sharing, and analyzing data from multiple vehicles, as well as an online store with free and paid extensions (Docker-based apps) that can be installed on vehicles.
As a Full Stack Developer at Blue Robotics you will be able to clearly see the value that your work adds to our company and maritime community. You will join a small eclectic software development team that works with a range of different technologies, bleeding edge development practices, and an open-source culture of marine robotics enthusiasts, scientists, and professionals.
You will have an opportunity to fit into a contributing role on a number of projects spanning many technologies. Responsibilities will include developing software in new and existing projects, debugging, testing, and occasionally getting wet. We are looking for a fast learner who is independent, resourceful, and able to communicate effectively.
An eligible candidate will meet all of the required qualifications. An exceptional candidate may also meet one or more of the preferred qualifications or differentials. Also, be free to share any experience that you may find interesting for the open position.
- Experience with modern Python (Python3, type hints, async)
- Knowledge on REST API design
- Great with Git
- Comfortable working with Docker
- Experience with payment systems (Google Pay, PayPal, etc)
- Database experience
- Development under linux environment
- Frontend development with Vue
- Development with Poetry and Pytest
- Working with CI/CD
- Comfortable with TypeScript
- Experience with Yarn, Vuetify and Pinia/Vuex
- Experience with GitHub actions
- Open Source development practices
- Experience working with remote teams
- Located in California
How to Apply:
Send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]; subject “Full Stack Developer Application”.
Shift: Monday thru Friday; 40 hours per week with flexibility
Location: Torrance, CA
Employment Type: Full time
Start Date: Early January 2023
Blue Robotics specializes in designing and manufacturing underwater robotic components and remotely operated vehicles (ROVs). Our mission is to enable the future of underwater exploration by providing high-performing marine robotics components at an accessible price point. We started in a garage and we’ve grown to a team of over 45 people dedicated to manufacturing, supply chain, product design, software development, sales, marketing, and support.
We’re looking for an experienced bookkeeper who will enjoy diving right into a new set of accounting processes, and confidently own all accounting activities once they’re up to speed. Your eye for the details will push the company further by helping us closely monitor our financials and spot opportunities to save money. To do your job effectively, you’ll have to coordinate and communicate well with our awesome team of people, who work from our office in Torrance, CA and from remote locations around the world.
Due to the responsibilities of this position a regular, in-office presence is required. However, you’ll have a dedicated office space that’s yours to personalize, flexible hours, and the option to work on a “hybrid” schedule.
- Managing the full cycle of accounting activities for the company
- Prepare and review all daily accounting transactions (A/R, A/P, Journal Entries, Fixed Assets, Accrual, Prepaid, intercompany transaction, etc)
- Making journal entries for all accounts into Odoo ERP software
- Maintaining the accuracy of the general ledger
- Complete month-end close process accurately and in a timely manner
- Reconciling cash, bank accounts, and revenues
- Monitoring the company’s cash flow
- Collecting information for auditing purposes
- Assisting with budget development and comparison to actual
- Work collaboratively with CPA to produce reports for taxes and financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 3+ years bookkeeping experience
- Previous experience as a full charge bookkeeper
- Comprehensive accounting software skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Knowledge of Odoo ERP system
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer funded Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with 4% matching after six months
- Flexible vacation hours and paid holidays
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Paid parental leave
- Plenty of parking
- Team lunches and other fun events
How to apply:
Follow this link to send us your resume: Full Charge Bookkeeper application