Jobs at Blue Robotics
Blue Robotics specializes in developing, manufacturing, and online retailing of components and systems for marine robotics. We strive to make products that are high-quality, well-supported, and low-cost with the goal of enabling and expanding the field of marine robotics.
Working at Blue Robotics is fast-paced and full of opportunities to learn new skills and tools and work with some of the coolest marine technology on the globe! While we’ve got a lot of amazing technology, our team is our biggest asset and our biggest strength.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we offer competitive pay, benefits, and perks.
Interested? Apply below to join our team.
Customer Support Specialist
Blue Robotics’ Customer Support Specialist will help to create the best possible experience for our awesome customers around the globe.
Shift: M-F 8-5 with flexibility
Location: Our headquarters in Torrance, CA
The Customer Support Specialist Role
Here at Blue Robotics, we have some of of the coolest customers out there – they are exploring ship wrecks, studying marine creatures, collecting ocean data, and advancing human knowledge of the oceans. We pride ourselves on serving this community and we always offer the best support we can. Meeting our customers’ needs in a timely, knowledgeable, and efficient manner is of utmost importance at Blue Robotics.
This role will have wide ranging customer service and inside sales duties including order entry, confirmation, processing, and tracking, as well as offering answers to customer inquiries. There’s always interesting things to handle whether it’s helping a customer who’s out in a remote location or figuring out supply chain logistics to get products to our customers as smoothly as possible.
You’ll be part of a growing team of passionate people working towards the future of marine robotics!
- Complete internal tasks such as processing purchase orders, resolving stock issues, contacting customers with open orders, and contacting customers with overdue balance
- Ensure that orders are fulfilled in a timely manner
- Manage backorders and update customers on order status
- Be able to problem-solve quickly to find solutions to customer problems
- Complete other tasks as needed from time to time
- Fantastic written and verbal communication skills – you should love working with people
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a “start-up” environment with fast-paced changes, occasional chaos, and a sense of urgency
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and manage your own time
- Strong computer skills
- Familiarity with our products is ideal, but not required
- An interest in the ocean, robotics, and/or technology is a plus!
If you’re interested in this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume as well as a description of why you think you’re a good fit for job!