Jobs at Blue Robotics
Working at Blue Robotics offers many opportunities to grow professionally while contributing to our mission.
We are an equal opportunity employer offering competitive pay, benefits, and perks.
Location: Our satellite office in Victoria, BC, Canada
Employment Type: Full time hourly; 4-month or 8-month terms.
Start Date: January, May, and September 2022
Blue Robotics is a rapidly growing company that designs and manufactures marine robotics components and vehicles to enable the future of ocean exploration.
You will work on a team with our R&D engineers to solve big problems and your ideas will help drive the direction and growth of the company. Every day will bring new challenges and you will have exposure to many different products, designs, technologies, and processes.
We are looking for people who are driven, organized, and can handle independence in this role. You’ll be guided by our team of engineers, but given responsibility and projects of your own. Your work will have a tangible and direct impact every day on the future of understanding our oceans.
Our primary location and facility is in Torrance, California, but this position is based at our satellite office in Victoria, BC, Canada. The team in this office is focused on the development and testing of new products. You will be part of that team, working with several engineers onsite, as well as collaborating remotely with our team in Torrance. Opportunities may arise for travel to our main facility within your work term.
- Concept generation and problem solving;
- Creating new parts, assemblies, and drawings;
- Rapid prototyping and testing;
- Collecting data and generating test reports;
- Working with new and existing suppliers on new products; and
- Writing requirements, specifications and other engineering documentation.
- Revising the designs of existing products;
- Creating and revising drawings;
- Communicating with suppliers to implement part changes;
- Testing and validating new changes;
- Generating engineering change documentation; and
- Working with other departments to coordinate ECO implementation.
To apply for this position, please email your resume, project portfolio, and a brief cover letter to: [email protected]
Shift: Monday thru Friday; 40 hours per week, with flexibility
Location: Remote (residing in California preferred)/p>
Employment Type: Full time
Start Date: TBD
Blue Robotics specializes in designing and manufacturing underwater robotic components and remotely operated vehicles (ROVs). Our mission is to enable the future of underwater exploration by providing high-performing marine robotics components at an accessible price point. We started in a garage and we’ve grown to a team of over 50 people dedicated to manufacturing, supply chain, product design, software development, sales, marketing, and support.
We’ve learned how to handle accounting and financial management along the way, and we’ve done a pretty good job, but now we’re looking for someone who can take us to the next level. You won’t be coming into a well-established system here – instead, you’ll be an integral part of helping us to build one. As Controller, you’ll oversee our day-to-day accounting, prepare our financial statements, help us get better at budgeting, build better safeguards and procedures, and mentor our existing accounting team members.
To do your job effectively, you’ll have to coordinate and communicate well with our awesome team of people, who work from our office in Torrance, CA and from remote locations around the world. You’ll have to balance the day-to-day of closing the books with long-term improvement projects. You’ll have to draw from your past experience to help us be a better company.
Our ideal candidate for this position is someone who’s a self-starter, someone who brings accounting and operational experience that we don’t have, and someone who loves to make systems and processes better.
Behind our mission of enabling ocean exploration and serving our customers is a goal to build a long-lasting company that is a great place to work. In this role, you will have a critical impact on that goal and we’re looking for someone who can help us foster a friendly, open culture that strives for quality and constant improvement.
This position can be fully remote, but we also welcome you to work from our office if you prefer.
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to our team to help us make good decisions
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines
- Guide financial decisions and assist with budget development
- Help develop and support day-to-day processes and procedures
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements through our Odoo ERP system
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures
- Establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, and reporting on a monthly and annual basis
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation
- Interface with and provide data to consultants dealing with taxes, tax credits, and customs drawback
- Manage sales tax compliance and work with our sales team to collect tax in appropriate locations
- Act as the interface to our banking partners and credit card processing partners
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow
- Oversee and support our accounting team with leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field
- 6+ years proven accounting experience
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP)
- Professional accounting certification, including CPA, CMA, CGA, or CA
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes
- Strong accounting software skills
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Knowledge of Odoo ERP system is preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
Benefits for FT Employees:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer funded Basic Life and AD&D coverage
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with 4% matching
- Flexible vacation hours and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Paid parental leave
- Plenty of parking
- Team lunches and other fun events
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a brief cover letter to [email protected]