Our product launches over the last few weeks have been building up to today’s announcement: the new BlueROV2 R4 revision with the Navigator Flight Controller, Locking Watertight Enclosures, acrylic and aluminum tube options (with official 100m and 300m depth ratings), and more! We have a new BlueROV2 overview video that includes the new changes. Check it out!
The BlueROV2 has been out for nearly six years now and in that time it has become one of the most popular ROVs in the world! It may be getting old, but we always keep it fresh and up-to-date with regular improvements and new features, while maintaining backwards compatibility and the ability to upgrade older ROVs. That’s the case yet again today with the new R4 revision of the BlueROV2.
- New Navigator Flight Controller and Raspberry Pi 4 instead of the Pixhawk
- New and improved locking watertight enclosures
- Options for acrylic plastic enclosures (100m depth rating) or aluminum enclosures (300m depth rating)
- Strengthened frame construction with longer screws and improved slot-nuts
- Upgrade to the Pressure Relief Valve (PRV) instead of the Vent
Check out the product page for more details and to configure your BlueROV2!
In addition to the ROV, we’ve updated a number of accessories to match including the Heavy Retrofit Kit, the Frame Kit, the Spares Kit, the Payload Skid, and more.
Navigator and Enclosures
If you haven’t seen it already, also take a look at the new Navigator Flight Controller and Locking Watertight Enclosures that are part of the updated ROV!
Feel free to join the discussion about these changes on our discussion forums. That’s all we have for today. Thanks for reading!