The Fathom-E Tether Interface Board Set is a simple and affordable tether interface board. It basically just connects the tether to an RJ45 Ethernet jack without the need for connector crimping. The tether screw terminal interfaces with the Fathom tether or any standard Cat5 cable with four twisted pairs of wire. It has the following features:
- 100 Mbps Ethernet over up to 100m of tether
- Screw terminal for easy tether connection
- RJ45 jack and included 6″ Ethernet cable
- Matching screw holes with Fathom-S/X for easy upgrade
If you need a tether interface for longer tether lengths (>100m) or you want to have more tether pairs available for other purposes, check out the Fathom-X Tether Interface.
The Fathom-E Tether Interface Boards are open-source and open-hardware, so the schematics and board files are free to view, modify, and reuse. The electrical schematic and board layout are open-source and the design files are available below.
- 2 x Fathom-E Tether Interface Boards
- 1 x 6″ Ethernet Cable