WetLink Thixotropic 80A Potting Compound (USA ONLY)
This epoxy potting compound has excellent adhesion to a wide range of materials and is optimized to stay where applied and minimize dripping, while still being easy to dispense. We use and recommend this compound on all of our cable penetrators. Only available for shipment in the USA due to shipping restrictions.
- 1 x WetLink Thixotropic 80A Potting Compound Cartridge
|Cartridge volume (2:1 ratio)||50 ml||1.69 oz|
|Hardness||80 Shore A|
|Viscosity||9000 cP at 25°C|
|Working Time||40 minutes|
|Curing Schedule||3 hours at 90°C/200°F, 24-36 hours at ambient|
|Typical depth capability*||100 m||330 ft|
*Determined using Blue Robotics polyurethane jacketed cable with appropriate sized penetrator, the below assembly procedure with thorough surface preparation, and oven curing at 90°C for 3 hours. Note that actual depth capability depends on materials and exact procedures used. Due to the nature of DIY assembly and the variation therein, actual performance of self-potted penetrators cannot be guaranteed, though penetrators potted by Blue Robotics are.
6 September 2018
- R1 – Initial Release
Special Handling Procedures
- CAUTION! Use proper safety procedures at all times.
- STORE CARTRIDGE UPRIGHT (cartridge backplugs down and static mixer end up) so that any entrained air bubbles migrate to the static mixer end.
- WEAR rubber gloves (such as Nitrile) and safety glasses.
- HOLDING CARTRIDGE static mixer end up, and static mixing tube attached, place appropriate ratio plunger into back end of cartridge, remove end plug on front static mixer end of cartridge, hold both plunger and cartridge vertically and push to “burp” cartridge, releasing entrained air from cartridge before use.
- WIPE cartridge clean with IPA after initial “burping”.
Potting a Cable Penetrator
Learn to pot the perfect penetrator to pass a cable into your watertight enclosure!