The Wetlink Thixotropic 80A potting compound has excellent adhesion to a wide range of materials, including our anodized aluminum penetrators and polyurethane cable jackets. This, combined with a high degree of flexibility and chemical resistance, makes it the ideal compound to reliably seal penetrators and retain excellent performance over time. A high degree of thixotropy, or shear thinning property, allows it to stay where applied and minimizes dripping while still being easy to dispense and reduces bubbles. We use and recommend this compound on all of our cable penetrators.
For optimum dispensing and application, it is recommended to use with our Potting Cartridge Dispenser, Mixing Tips, and Acetone Cable Preparation Wipes. The cartridge contains two parts in a 2:1 ratio, and has a bayonet connection for mixing tips.
Only available for shipment in the USA due to shipping restrictions.
|Cartridge volume (2:1 ratio)||50 ml||1.69 oz
|Hardness||80 Shore A
|Viscosity||9000 cP at 25°C
|Working Time||40 minutes
|Curing Schedule||3 hours at 90°C/200°F, 24-36 hours at ambient
|Typical depth capability*||100 m||330 ft
*Determined using Blue Robotics polyurethane jacketed cable with appropriate sized penetrator, the below assembly procedure with thorough surface preparation, and oven curing at 90°C for 3 hours. Note that actual depth capability depends on materials and exact procedures used. Due to the nature of DIY assembly and the variation therein, actual performance of self-potted penetrators cannot be guaranteed, though penetrators potted by Blue Robotics are.
WetLink Thixotropic 80A MSDS – Part A
WetLink Thixotropic 80A MSDS – Part B
6 September 2018
Special Handling Procedures
- CAUTION! Use proper safety procedures at all times.
- STORE CARTRIDGE UPRIGHT (cartridge backplugs down and static mixer end up) so that any entrained air bubbles migrate to the static mixer end.
- WEAR rubber gloves (such as Nitrile) and safety glasses.
- HOLDING CARTRIDGE static mixer end up, and static mixing tube attached, place appropriate ratio plunger into back end of cartridge, remove end plug on front static mixer end of cartridge, hold both plunger and cartridge vertically and push to “burp” cartridge, releasing entrained air from cartridge before use.
- WIPE cartridge clean with IPA after initial “burping”.
Blue Robotics Forums – Potting