This cable penetrator is a simple solution to waterproofing your robot. It’s basically a bolt with a hole that the thruster cable can be glued into to provide a waterproof connection through water-tight enclosures, boxes, panels, etc. This 4-5mm size is intended for smaller cables like the Lumen Light Cable used on the Lumen and Newton Subsea Gripper.
We primarily recommend the WetLink Thixotropic Potting Compound, which can be applied in one step and provides a depth rating up to 100 meters. Alternatively, we recommend the WetLink Thixotropic 80A Potting Compound to complete assembly.
- Anodized aluminum construction for corrosion resistance and high strength.
- Captive O-ring face seal that works on any smooth surface.
- Wrench flats for easy tightening.
- Multiple inner diameters to secure the cable jacket but leave room for potting compound.
- Works for cables smaller than 5mm as well.