This cable penetrator is a simple solution to waterproofing your robot. It’s basically a bolt with a hole that the tether or other thick cable can be glued (potted) into to provide a waterproof, removable connection through watertight enclosures, boxes, panels, etc.
This particular penetrator has a extended length head and nut to make it easy to install and remove on an enclosure, even on densely packed end caps like the 4″ Series 18-Hole end cap. That’s perfect for a tether or other cables that you would like to install and remove frequently.
We primarily recommend the WetLink Thixotropic Potting Compound, which can be applied in one step and provides a depth rating up to 100 meters. Alternatively, we recommend Loctite Marine Epoxy and the Potting Kit to complete assembly.
- Extended length head and nut for easy installation/removal
- Anodized aluminum construction for corrosion resistance and high strength
- Captive O-ring face seal that works on any smooth surface
- Wrench flats for easy tightening
- Multiple inner diameters to secure the cable jacket but leave room for potting compound
- Works for cables smaller than 8mm as well