You might need to take apart your thruster from time to time. Here’s how!
Parts and Tools
You Will Need
- 1 x 1.5 mm hex key
- 1 x 2 mm hex key
- 1 x 2.5 mm hex key
- 1 x #1 Phillips head screwdriver
1. Remove the four phillips-head screws from the outside of the nozzle.
2. Remove the nozzle from the rest of the motor and set aside.
3. Using the 2.5 mm hex key, remove the screws securing the nose cone.
4. Remove the nose cone and set aside.
5. Manually turn the propeller until the shaft collar set screw is aligned with the notch in the plastic. Using the 1.5 mm hex key, loosen the shaft collar set screw.
6. After being used in water, the shaft collar can be difficult to remove. Do not try to pry it up. Instead, pull on the propeller from the opposite side to remove the shaft from the shaft collar.
7. Remove the propeller screws from the rotor with the 2 mm hex key and pull the propeller away from the rotor.
8. Repeat these steps in the reverse direction to reassemble the thruster.